Check for InEight Document Updates
To ensure that RFQs contain the most up-to-date project documentation and save you time monitoring documents between the two systems, Felix has two methods to check for document updates.
Automated check for InEight Document updates
By default, Felix checks all live RFQs on connected projects for updates once a day. It will notify RFQ Owners and relevant RFQ Watchers via email if there are new versions of documents available in InEight Document so that these can be released to vendors in Felix.
Only live RFQs on Felix are checked for document updates automatically. Closed RFQs can be checked manually in exception cases.
Documents with multiple attachments are currently not supported for import to Felix. If multiple attachments have been uploaded against a synced file, that revision will not be supported for issue via Felix. Please check that the document only contains one attachment.
Manual check for InEight Document updates
If you do not want to wait for Felix's automated check, you can check for updates manually. Manual check allows you to sync files between Felix and InEight for a specific RFQ.
To check for InEight Document updates:
- Navigate to Projects > Requests for Quotation from the main menu.
- Locate the RFQ that you would like to check for document updates by using the quick search or filters.
- Click on the RFQ Job Name or hover over the ellipsis icon and select View Details from the options.
- Go to the Documents tab.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- You will see a red exclamation icon beside a document name and hovering it will let you know if there is a new version of the document available.
In Felix, only documents with new attachments from InEight Document will be classified as a revision. Documents with updated metadata only or an updated revision without an attachment will not be considered a revision.